How to Make Grinder Salad
Grinder Salad has become a Tik Tok Phenomenon and We want to Show You How to Make It!
If you're a foodie and spend part of your day scrolling through #TikTok you have probably came across this new phenomenon known as "Grinder Salad." For the sake of sticking to our roots and our lingual loyalties we are going to call it "Hero Salad." Yes, yes, yes we know there is a major debate in the tri-state area on what the correct term for an elongated sandwich is... (hero, wedge, grinder, hoagie, sub-- the list goes on). Here at Battimelli's A&S Italian Fine Foods we call it a "hero." So without further delay let's jump into how we make "Hero Salad" and what the best sandwiches are to put it on.
What You Need (All Measurements Are Up To Your Preference!):
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Shredded Lettuce
- Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- 2 Fresh Minced Garlic Cloves
- Cherry Peppers or Red Roasted Peppers
- A Mixing Bowl
- Tongs to Mix with
How We Make Grinder (Hero) Salad:
- Take your mixing bowl and add mayo, red wine vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil to preference. Mix together well
- Add your salt, pepper, oregano, and minced garlic. Mix together well
- Add your shredded lettuce, sliced red onion, and peppers of choice (I like hot cherry peppers). Mix together well
- Place a heaping glob on top of your preferred sandwich
- Enjoy immensely while making weird, uncontrollable, "this is insanely delicious," sounds!
Don't forget to follow us on Tik Tok @as_italianfinefoods and thank you @cookiterica for the inspiration!