Here I will be walking you through one of the most multi-purposed oils you will ever find in a kitchen.
Olive oil has a very wide range of use. It is used for anything from salad dressing to sautéing to even drinking!
Olive oil is produced by pressing fresh olives together which produces a beautiful dark green or golden hue and bold flavor. It has been a staple in Mediterranean cuisine since the beginning of time. Majority of the world's olive oil is produced in Greece, Italy, and Spain.
This fast, fancy, and flavorful recipe is the perfect Valentine's Day Filet Mignon Dinner for Two. A tried and true recipe I personally am putting to use this Valentine’s Day!
What you will need:
- Two 10oz Prime Angus Filet Mignon Steaks
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Clove
- Fresh Thyme and Rosemary
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Extra Thick Cut Bacon
- Fresh Casarecce Pasta
- tooth picks
The Steak (In a Cast Iron Skillet):
- Bring your two Filet Mignon steaks to room temperature and season well with Salt and Pepper and wrap extra thick cut bacon around filets, pinning them with tooth picks
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place 1/2 stick of butter, fresh thyme (to liking) and Fresh Rosemary (to liking) in a Cast Iron Skillet that is above a medium/high stove top flame
- Once the skillet is hot place the seasoned steaks in the skillet -- sear and baste steaks on each side for 4 minutes
- Place steaks in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the internal temperature is 130-140 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare
- Take the steaks out of the oven and remove the tooth picks that are holding the bacon in place -- let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving
- Boil a medium pot of water --- remember to add salt to the water!
- Dice your fresh tomatoes into cubes that a size to your preference
- Chop for basil into thick strands used as a garnish at the end of the process
- Dice 1/2 of the Fresh Mozzarella Ball into cubes to your preference to be tossed into the pasta at the end of the process
- Once the water is boiling place the Fresh Casarecce pasta into the boiling water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Removes the pot from the stove and strain out the water
- Immediately place the hot pasta into a serving bowl and add your Fresh Mozzarella and extra virgin olive oil (to preference)
- You will see the cheese soften and almost begin to melt
- Add your basil and fresh tomatoes to preference
- Serve! Buon Apetito!
Now that we can gather again, many of us are looking for a fun way to offer pre-dinner snacks and picky items at our next gathering. **Charcuterie board enters the chat.**
Grilled ribeye steak with herb butter melting on top and flavoring each and every bite. This classic steakhouse recipe is easy to make and for any occasion.